Thursday, May 17, 2012

Basic Military Qualification in Pte Robert's boots

I applied for the millitary last year. My buddy was always talking about it and I realized how much money he was making. It took me a year to get accepted on march 29th 2012. I was soo stoked when I was at the unit for the first time getting sworn into the forces. I thought I looked soo tough in uniform. My parents were soo proud of me. Since I had a friend who was already in the forces I was really lucky. He helped me with all those little need to know things in the military. He gave me a head start for sure.

I started my BMQ ( basic military qualification) on 20 April 2012. BMQ is the first step that all members must pass to further  there career with the forces. I can tell you that my first weekend was defintely a reality shock. I had never gone to bed at 12 and gotten up at 5. 5 am is physical training. I had to jump out of bed immediately and put on my pt gear and be outside for 5:15. The first couple of weeks isn't really the military life. Its filled with hours of lectures interrupted by 40 minute drill sessions. Lectures about laws, policies, rights, confederations , pretty boring. Then come week  4 it starts to get harder.  They inspect your room every morning to make sure its clean. They have exact inspection layouts that must be followed. The amount of time they give you to do something  gets shorter and they expect more out of you. BMQ is the course designed to make soldiers out of regular civilians. When completing the course you look back at week one and have a good laugh. Oh I forgot to mentionne the memories and laughs that will never be forgotten are the best. I have made friends and even best friends through my BMQ .

Question about basic training or the military?
I'd love to answer any questions that could help make the decision to join or not. Even if you're just curious to know how things are or anything. I am part of a battalion which has people that are higher ranks than me and  I could ask them if ever I wasn't able to answer. Just leave a comment with question and maybe even some feed back on my posts . Thanks

Yours truly,
Codstyle7



1 comment: