Monday, May 21, 2012

Best time of my life

I miss being a kid. It was so easy. All I thought about was having fun . I had a cottage about an hour away from my hometown . When we would go there on the weekends , when it was nice out of course, I would have so much fun. Come sunday night , I never wanted to leave. I was very fortunate as kid, I travelled to a lot of places and got to see a lot of amazing things. Saturday was always the best night of the week. My mom would wake me up and take me out to do something, then we would come home and have supper. After supper , my mom and I would drive down to the grocery store and pick up some chips, pop, and if I was lucky some candy. Then we would get back home and get all set up for the NHL game at 8 o'clock . I was always so excited to watch the maple leafs play on saturday night. My parents always made me feel older when they would let me stay up till 11 to watch the end of the game.

Another aspect I really miss about being a kid is the amount of energy I always had. I played hockey 4-5 times a week and I played on every school sports team possible. I would be out playing sports all day and nothing could stop me. I never felt the least bit tired doing it either. I would come home at night and just pass out right away. The next morning I was up at 6 o'clock and it didn't phase me one bit. Competitive hockey was the funnest thing I've ever done in my life. I have so many memories to talk about and I can say hockey is something that made who I am today. My friends today all played on my hockey team at some point in time.

I'm not saying that adults don't still have fun but I'm saying that there is a whole lot more to think about and be responsible for when you're all grown up. Every stage in life is a new stage , I'm appreciating every minute of every day because each new experiences is filled with different things and obstacles that I must overcome.

Oh, how I miss the simplicity of being a kid.

Yours truly,
Codstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment